Scott N. Schober, cybersecurity expert, to deliver keynote: agenda includes cybersecurity, license compliance, data privacy and intellectual property authorities in government and private sector
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Oct. 3, 2018 – SmartFlow Compliance Solutions (SmartFlow), a leading software anti-piracy and cybersecurity company, announces the fifth annual SmartFlow Anti-Piracy and License Compliance Summit, to be held October 10-11. The event, which will showcase the latest anti-piracy technologies and best practices, will be hosted by Synopsys at the company’s headquarters in Mountain View.
The SmartFlow Anti-Piracy and License Compliance Summit is the premiere event for anti-piracy, license compliance (LC), and cyber security technologies. It brings together key technologists, attorneys, and executives to discuss the critical issues and best practices for protecting software intellectual property (IP) from piracy and unauthorized use. The conference will be attended by the world’s leading software companies involved in electronic design automation (EDA), computer-aided design (CAD), scientific computing, building information modeling (BIM), enterprise software, geographic information systems (GIS) and other relevant software applications.
Headlining the summit will be keynote speaker Scott N. Schober, who will speak on keeping your data safe in a connected world. Schober is president and CEO of Berkeley Varitronics Systems, a leading provider of advanced, world-class wireless test and security solutions. He is a highly sought-after author and expert often seen on ABC News, Bloomberg TV, Al Jazeera America, CBS This Morning News, CGTN America, CNN, Fox Business, and many more networks. He regularly presents at tech and security conferences, discussing wireless technology and its role in breaches, as well as his vision for best practices to stay safe in the future. Schober is the author of Hacked Again: It Can Happen to Anyone, Even a Cybersecurity Expert.
Presenters and topics include:
- Ted Miracco, SmartFlow – Factfulness for License Compliance: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World of Piracy and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
- Andrew Clarkson, former worldwide head of license compliance for Dassault Systèmes – Case Study: Forensic Data and Protecting Software IP
- Diana Torres & Lauren Scheitzer, Kirkland & Ellis LLP – Of Pirates and Protection: What Have We Learned from the Pirates’ Playbook?
- Graham Kill, Chairman SmartFlow – My Life Battling Pirates: What I’ve Learned and How to Better Protect Your IP and Revenues
- Jhon Kong, TIBCO – Software Licensing Governance and Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Andrew Tillman, Tillmana Group Ltd. – Intelligence, Robots, and Al Capone
- Mike Robinson, Siemens PLM– Strategic Business Leadership and Operating Management
- Bill Griffin, TechCXO – Case Study: License Compliance Programs
- Michael O’Connor, Penn State Law – How to Plan for Data Breaches, Your Obligations, and the Legal Implications from Emerging Technologies
- Sarah Pearce, Paul Hastings LLP – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Six Months On…
- Mark Mulready, Irdeto – Unmasking Pirates and Cyber Criminals
- David Locke Hall, Dana & Wiggin LLP – What Your Government is Not Doing for You
- Lance Catarozoli, Autodesk – License Compliance Strategies and Objectives
SmartFlow User Group Meeting
In conjunction with the summit, SmartFlow will host its annual user group meeting on October 12 for clients only. New features in the latest versions of SmartFlow Enterprise and Professional will be demonstrated and a roadmap for future products presented. There will be a workshop on advanced detection methods, as well as hand-on training sessions and a question and answer session with the SmartFlow research and development team.
Agenda Details and Registration
This event is by invitation only. Please visit smartflowcompliance.com/5th-annual-summit-learn-more for agenda details and to request an invitation.
About SmartFlow Compliance Solutions
SmartFlow Compliance Solutions (SmartFlow) usage and analysis software drives the license compliance programs for the world’s leading software companies. SmartFlow, by providing precise telemetry data that ensures users are properly authorized and licensed, helps clients make informed decisions on the best way to correct licensing problems and protect customers from unfair competition. With a solution for every budget, the data collected by SmartFlow’s innovative technologies provides business intelligence and sales information and organizes, analyzes, and interprets that data into meaningful market insights and quality lead generation. SmartFlow’s license compliance platform can improve productivity, reduce operational costs, and guard against downtime by preventing malware attacks and protecting brand names and reputations. For more information on SmartFlow, visit smartflowcompliance.com.
Smartflow Marketing Communications
SmartFlow Professional, SmartFlow Enterprise, SmartFlow SDK and SmartFlowCQ are trademarks of SmartFlow Compliance Solutions, Ltd. All other trademarks are the rights of their owners.